I have realized over the years that I am much better at expressing my opinions and ideas through writing than verbally. That combined with the fact that it is much easier to reach a wider audience thru the internet than face to face interactions. Since becoming vegan a few years ago, I have noticed that most people in the Midwest just simply don't understand diets other than the SAD (Standard American Diet). If your a vegan reading this than you know exactly what I'm talking about……the same questions over and over. I want this blog to become a place where Iowa Vegans can come to relate with each other as well as for others who are curious about learning more. I know first hand how hard it can be to make choices different from the masses, especially in the heart of farming and hunting country! I hope this blog will inspire all of us to live a more compassionate life. I will start off posting once a week to feel out the general audience. As traffic increases, I will start posting more often. Don't hesitate to let me know how you feel about the site or a topic you would like to see. General categories will be:
- Vegan News
- Local restaurants
- Local activities and groups
- Personal insights about all things vegan
- Maybe a random thought or two that might be a little off topic (I am a huge NERD for Tech, and all things Productivity!)
- Upcoming Events around the nation
- Possibly some recipes posts (this will probably be limited because there are plenty of sites that focus on just this, and do a much better job than I could!) See the Compendium of Vegan Links Page.